The Resolution Collaborative (TRC) is pleased to offer a wide array of professional skills training and development programs aimed at helping individuals and organizations become conflict competent. We help organizations, here in the U.S. and abroad to build their own internal capacity to effectively manage conflict. TRC has provided mediation, negotiation and dispute resolution training programs for corporations, governmental agencies, legislators, legal professionals, judiciary, NGOs and community groups. TRC prides themselves on their entertaining presentation style, participatory format and frequent use of demonstration and role-play exercise to reinforce learning.
TRC custom designs training programs to suit the individual needs and unique culture of each organization we work with. While most of our training programs are provided “in-house” for employees of the sponsoring organization, we also occasionally offer “open enrollment” programs that are open to the public. TRC also offers professional and continuing education programs on a full range of conflict resolution topics and advanced programs for mid-career professionals and executives.
1. Initial Consultation – A TRC Training Specialist will meet with the client to discuss their goals and objectives for the training as well as the target audience. We further clarify participant needs by either conducting a training needs assessment or by holding a focus groups with a representative sample of trainees to assess their current level of skill and to inform curriculum design.
2. Program Design – The TRC Training Team will develop the training agenda in consultation with the client or sponsoring agency, using information gathered through the needs assessment. We will then design training materials, exercises and simulations that support the curriculum. TRC will also develop specialized training materials that mirror the types of challenges faced by participants, if requested.
3. Delivery – Our skilled trainers and presenters will deliver the training program either at the client’s location, a location of their choosing or at one of TRC’s convenient and fully-equipped training venues.
4. Evaluation – TRC seeks to train participants in new skills and to increase their comfort level and competence in using those skills. We routinely use formative and summative evaluation tools to assess whether the client’s training objectives have been met and to solicit feedback from our participants. For some of our courses, TRC also provides comprehensive evaluation of the participant’s performance with specific recommendations for further professional development.
5. Ongoing Support/Coaching – Some of our training programs include the option of having TRC provide ongoing support, coaching and mentoring to assist with the integration of newly acquired skills and/or the implementation of a conflict resolution program.
TRC is fortunate to have a team of highly experienced and diverse trainers and educators. They are all senior-level conflict resolution practitioners and recognized leaders in the ADR field, most of whom also have legal or other specialized backgrounds including public policy, management and organizational development. Our trainers have a deep understanding of the dynamics of conflict and how it impacts people and organizations. Together they have successfully trained and mentored hundreds of conflict resolution practitioners and have assisted multiple organizations in building their internal capacity to negotiate effectively and to prevent and conflict.
Note: Professional resumes/CVs of TRC trainers are available upon request.
The Resolution Collaborative, LLC
154 Waterman Street, Suite 8
Providence, RI 02906