The Resolution Collaborative (TRC) works with public officials and organizational leaders to design and facilitate a wide variety of public engagement and public collaboration processes including using state of the art methodology and technology. Some of our public engagement processes include:
• Focus Groups
• Public Involvement Process
• Community Conversations
• Deliberative Dialogue
• Consensus Building
Public engagement is a process that brings people together in a civil and respectful environment to address issues of common importance, to solve shared problems, and to bring about positive social change. Effective public engagement invites diverse citizens to get involved in deliberation, dialogue and action on public issues that they care about. Most importantly, it helps leaders and decision makers better understand the perspectives, opinions, and concerns of citizens and stakeholders so they can make more informed policy decisions.
TRC’s approach to public engagement is to reach beyond the “usual suspects” and the loudest voices to bring in members of the community whose voices have traditionally been left out of political and policy debates. In doing so we strive to:
1. Help people explore diverse perspectives and listen deeply to each other’s views;
2. Begin to build common understanding, manage differences and establishes direction for moving ahead on tough issues;
3. Build trust and improve communication between the public and leaders;
4. Create new opportunities for citizens to become involved in public problemsolving and decision-making – what we call “Collaborative Governance”
TRC can help decision makers tap into the collective wisdom of citizens and stakeholders. Our large-scale, interactive meetings identify shared priorities and recommendations on essential policies and plans.
Our team of talented meeting architects and skilled facilitators can provide consultation and support to municipal, state, federal and international governments, as well as organizations of all types and sizes to improve citizen and stakeholder participation in decision-making. TRC can help you to:
1. Engage your key constituents in lively conversations that matter.
2. Develop shared priorities and joint strategies for action.
3. Gather exceptional intelligence and weigh critical tradeoffs in response to your key challenges or opportunities.
4. Efficiently measure support for new proposals, using interactive technologies.
5. Deepen constituents’ connection and commitment to next steps.
The TRC Team has many years of experience in successfully facilitating meetings whose participants are wrestling with complex issues, conflicting priorities and diverse value systems to uncover common interests, shared priorities, and recommendations to shape next steps.
All voices are heard, no idea is lost.
Leading technology is integrated with facilitated dialogue.
Participants are informed about important issues, hear a diversity of perspectives and understand critical trade-offs.
Immediate feedback is presented throughout the meeting.
Mutual priorities are identified through informed discussion and keypad polling.
Significant attention is gained with a large-scale forum, increasing support for action.
Diverse participants representative of the community are recruited for public meetings, through targeted outreach.
Stakeholders are engaged in a way that isn’t possible through more traditional processes.
Meeting summary/report, distributed at the end of the process, details the meeting’s outcomes along with any follow-up or action items.
The Resolution Collaborative, LLC
154 Waterman Street, Suite 8
Providence, RI 02906